Search This Blog

Sunday, April 4, 2010

It's about the attitude.

I know a man named Richard. I know him socially, I am not in his circle of friends, but he is very friendly towards me.  Richard is (almost) 32 and has been on his own since he was 16.  Richard is the kindest, most positive, friendliest.  Frankly I do not know a person who has been dealt a worse hand, but you would not know it from meeting Richard.  He teaches Spinning and other classes at my gym, and I am a fan of his, but not a groupie, he has plenty of those.  Perhaps when one of his groupies move or change gyms there will be room for me.

I want to tell you that Richard is so positive, so remarkable, so fun and funny that today at a 10:00am Sunday morning spin class he brought paper rabbit ears that he made for the entire class.  I know I looked frumpy not wearing them, the entire class wore them during a 60 minute spin class.  I left the class with 10 minutes to go, and that darn Richard had to say, "Bye Charlie Rabbit, class say, Bye Charlie Rabbit".  Of course Richard is a leader among people, so the class yelled as I left, "Bye Charlie Rabbit", a tad embarassing.  But I had a plan, I did not wear them in class because I wanted them for later.  I put them on when I left the gym and people laughed, and smiled.  A nice lady came up to me at Starbucks and thanked me for wearing them.  She said, "you with those ears have made me smile bigger and wider than anything today, thank you young man".  I immediately thought, "Richard made this happen". 

I want say, I think Richard is the real Easter Bunny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment